Revolutionary War locations in North Carolina are linked together here in nine driving tours. Each is designed to take two to three days to complete if you visit every location. Links at the bottom of each Sight or Stop page take you to the next location on the tour. Most are within a half-hour drive or less of each other.
However, we encourage you to use each tour as the backbone of a broader exploration of North Carolina. Adventure awaits you in the fascinating cities and beautiful rural lands they take you through.
The tours, organized by region of the state, are:
- Cape Fear Tour (CF)—Southeast
- Cherokee Campaigns Tour (CH)—Southwest
- Guilford Battle Tour (GB)—Northern Piedmont
- Overmountain Tour (OV)—Central Mountains and Foothills
- Race to the Dan Tour (RD)—Western Piedmont
- Rebellion Tour (RB)—Northeast
- Regulators Tour (RG)—Central Piedmont
- Tory War Tour (TW)—Southern Piedmont
- Wachovia Tour (WA)—Northwest